Why do I see traps when I enable the zip attachment handling in GMS Anti-Spam?
Various issues have been discovered since the release of build 3213. These include traps in the SMTP service when the GMS Anti-Spam zip attachment handling options are enabled, and messages being rejected for containing mis matched CR or LF characters by SMTP.
A hotfix for both smtp.exe and ntmvpp.dll has been released to address both these issues. A complete list of items addressed is listed below.
- smtp.exe – stops all mail being rejected with mis-matched CRLF characters if EnforceCLF set to a value of 2.
- smtp.exe – stops dual scanning of attachments if Anti-Spam options to scan within the contents of zip files are enabled.
- ntmvpp.dll – stops traps occurring if Anti-Spam zip file attachment handling options are enabled
- ntmvpp.dll – allows punctuation to be correctly found if Raw HTML mode is enabled in the Restricted Content handling.
Both files should be obtained and updated on installations of Build 3213.
Note: Customers running GMS Anti-Virus will automatically receive the updated ntmvpp.dll as part of their Anti-Virus updates.
- How do I determine which hotfixes to apply to my system?
- What is a Hotfix?
- How do I install a patch?
- How do I apply hotfixes to my GMS server
Keywords:3123 ntmvpp smtp hotfix enforcecrlf raw html zip handling