Why can I not send or receive mail?
I am not able to send or receive any mail. In the SMTP log I can see the following errors:
SMTP 24 Apr 2002 04:35:44.250 F 0281 FooterFile Footer.txt (56)
SMTP 24 Apr 2002 04:35:44.250 F 0620 LoadFooter failed Footer.txt (56)
SMTP 24 Apr 2002 04:35:44.250 F 3105 failed registry load "Could not open file" (56)
There are two potential causes for this.
When the SMTP service starts it loads the footer.txt file for any domain that has a footer configured. If you are using a UNIX machine the problem may be that SMTP is trying to load "Footer.txt" (note the upper case "F") when the file is called "footer.txt" (lower case "f").
The best way to resolve this is as follows:
- Log on to the GMS interface.
- Navigate to the Security>Control page.
- Make sure the option "Allow direct editing of system variables" is checked.
- Navigate to the Support>Domain Variables page.
- Select "footerfile" from the list of variables.
- Enter "footer.txt" (all lower case) in the "New Value" entry box.
- Click on the "Change Value" button.
- Stop and restart the Gordano services.
This issue has been resolved in all builds since 3053.
If you have changed the machine that GMS software is installed on you may have forgotten to copy the footer.txt files from your old machine. To resolve this simply copy the files over and restart the services.
Keywords:SMTP POST footer.txt footer send receive linux unix redhat