Where do the contacts come from when I create my buddy list in GMS Instant Messenger?
When I am creating my contact list in GMS Instant Messenger there are a number of addresses to choose from. Where does this list come from?
The users you see in the address book when creating your contact list are the entries in the Local Address Book. This address book is automatically created on installation of GMS and when new accounts are created they will also automatically be added.
GMS Instant Messenger works on the information given in a users vCard.
The list is compiled of everyone to whose vCard you have ‘read’ access.
By default everyone in the same domain has ‘read’ access to each others vCards.
- What is a Buddy?
- Can I use #GMSIM# to instant message someone on a different server?
- Why can a person still see me on their GMS IM contact list even though I have them blocked?
- Why did a user disappear from my #GMSIM# contact/block list?
- Do you need to log on again to Instant Messaging on GMS Webmail to enable configuration changes?
- Can I use GMS IM to contact someone in a different domain?
- Why is one of my contacts for IM always unavailable (offline)?
- "GMS Instant Messenger integrates perfectly…"
Keywords:buddy contacts instant messging list