What Is Mail Meta Language (MML)?
Where Can I find out more information about Mail Meta Language (MML) and how it is used with the GMS?
The Mail Meta Language (MML) is a scripting language specifically designed to manage email messages (in much the same way as HTML manages web pages). MML can alter messages, redirect messages and pre-process web pages in
Gordano’s webserver. The administration interface, user interface, and some anti-spam filters are written using MML. If you wish to find out more about MML, please use the following information resources:
- The MML Programmer’s Guide which is included with all the GMS manuals.
- The GMS Communication Server Administrator’s Guide shows how MML can be used to customise messages as they are posted.
- There is a discussion list for user’s of MML. Visit Support user groups to join the list or send an email to email@example.com.
- This knowledge base contains many example scripts (enter
"MML" as a search term).
- The accessory pack also contains a number of example scripts, including an example interface, which you can customize to suit your needs.
There are four types of scripts that can be writen in MML, these are:
- GUI Scripts – These scripts are used to modify the NTMail user interface.
For example, you might want to restrict a domain administrators access to some areas they would normally have access to. You could use MML to block access to these areas.
- Anti-Spam Scripts – These interact with messages passing though the server.
- Timed Event Scripts – initiate an event at a specified time. For example to dial up to your ISP or to back up your system.
- List Message containing executable MML ? these mix HTML and Text
with embedded MML.
- How do I change a variable using MML?
- How can I prevent SPAM with an MML script?
- How do I prevent loops when using MML scripts?
- How do I pass MML Variables from one page to the next
Keywords:MML scripts Mail Meta Language Scripts scripting manual API