What is keycert.exe and what files does it create?
The keycert.exe application is used to manage keys for SSL transactions. It can be used in any of three ways:
- To apply keys previously obtained from a certifying agency
- To generate requests for keys to send applications to a certifying agency ? please take careful note of the password used as it will be required when applying the full keys
- To generate private keys for use on your system ? while these keys are useful, especially for testing, as they are not issued by a certifying authority they will nto be automatically accepted by clients. Normally though the clients will present a dialog box allowing the key to be accepted.
- Which Type of SSL Certificate should I choose?
- How do I apply a certified SSL certificate over my test certificate?
Keywords:keycert, SLL, certificates, keys, keycert.exe