What is contained in release 3136?
Here is a summary of the major features icluded in build 3136. Further details of individual sections may be found by following the links below.
GMS Communication Server
- ODBC Message Archives – to supplement the existing HTML and Internal formats allowing message archives to be written to a ODBC compliant database.
GMS Web Organizer
- Repeating Events – allows repeating events to be created. For example, every week, month, etc.
- Improved Calendar Display Window – The Calendar listing display will be updated to include:
- Day view
- Week view
- Month view
GMS Instant Messenger
- Improved Integration – notification of new mail via GMS Instant Messenger and the ability to initiate a GMS Instant Messenger conversation from an email.
- Presence Information – ability to customize the presence information.
- GMS Webmail no longer required to use GMS Instant Messenger
- Integration of GMS Anti-Virus and GMS Anti-Spam to page collection – enable GMS Anti-Virus and GMS Anti-Spam to be applied to content accesed via the GMS Proxy.
- Browser Support – additional browser support for Netscape version 7.
- New Traditional Interface – addition of a "Classic" email client providing a subset of the GMS Webmail Professional client
- The ability to reject poorly formatted messages.
- "Message Quality" features work with encoded messages including checking the validity of the following:
A variety of other message validity checks are also featured.
- LDAP Interface – allows POP and IMAP access to the Address Books, enabling clients such as Outlook to populate address books from GMS
Build 3136 also contains a number of other enhancements, fixes and performance improvements. For more details view the individual KB articles listed below.
- Why are messages not being scanned by #GMSAV#?
- What is alert 8506?
- Am I able to format email messages in #gmsweb#?
- Does the #gmsas# Restricted Word check ignore HTML tags?
- Does #gms# provide a store and forward facility for SMS messages?
- Can I specify which port the sendmail wrapper uses?
- Can I track the IP address of people requesting to join lists in #gmscom#?
- Can rejected messages be saved and approved later?
- Can I restrict which websites my users can access via the #GMS# Proxy?
- Are webpages I access via the #gms# Proxy virus scanned by #gmsav#?
- Is it possible to include presence information in outgoing emails?
- Will #gms# alert me to the fact that new mail has arrived in my mailbox?
- Can I set a custom status message in #gmsim#?
- Do lists default to requiring confirmation of all join requests?
- How do I determine the optimum number of WWW threads for my system?
- How do I allow a user administration rights over multiple domains?
- Is it possible to archive to an ODBC database with #gmscom# ?
- Can I delay sending a message for example for birthday messages?
- Can the quarantine folder be set to automatically purge?
- How do I access the #GMS# address books from an LDAP compliant application?
- Is it possible for an admin to have a look at the personalities of a user, their address books, aliases, or at the external mail server pickup setup?
- Will the "Do Not Disturb" #gmsim# presence indicator block incoming IMs to the user?
- What log identifier is used to indicate authentication in the POP and IMAP logs?
- How do I disable IM at startup?
- Am I able to delay the sending of mail from POST until a certain time?
- What is the difference between GMS and GLMail for UNIX?
- Why does the uninstall option not run correctly on Unix platforms?
- Why can’t I restore setup from windows to unix?
- Can I adjust the frequency I am reminded about expiring keys?
- Why can non-admin users delete vCards for other users?
- What happens if I try to restore a setup.txt from a different version to the one I am running?
- Why do subdirectories during my UNIX install get treated as languages?
- Why are viruses being sent with the #gmsav# alert that a virus was found to users?
- Why does a ListAll in my #gmsim# take so much CPU time?
- What happened to VPP? Where did it go? – it is no longer in the list of products.
- Why can I no longer access my vCard?
- Why can I not access the transaction levels tab in my #gmscom# only install?
- Why does my SSL connection seem to be in an infinite loop in the log?
- Is there a page where I can see relevant #gms# information at a glance on my server?
- Why does the XMIT command not work?
- Can I stop non-members trying to post to my moderated list?
- Why do some pages take so long to access via the proxy?
- Why is my key for the archive robot not accepted?
- Why when using Netscape why do I see calls to /admin/reports/newalertlist.mml every couple of seconds?
- Why do bad recipient notifications not seem to be sent?
- Why does #gmsas# show an expiry date of "00 Dec 0000"?
- Why does certain UUEncoded mail cause a trap in AIX?
- Why is the restricted word matched not logged to the Sl log?
- Why is a restricted word in the body of my message not getting caught?
- When my users log off GMS Webmail can I send them to a specific page on my website?
- Is the Windows SAM integrated with GMS?
- Is undeliverable mail checked for the presence of viruses by GMS Anti-Virus?
- Is it possible to sort mail in GMS Webmail Express?
- As a user, can I see which otehr users on the server are currently logged in?
- Can I specify my contact preference in GMS Instant Messenger?
- Is there a way to block badly formatted messages from entering the server?
- Can I set a minimum mailbox refresh time for all users in GMS Webmail?
- Will messages rejected due to banned attachments be saved anywhere?
- Is there a way to view all email addresses configured for a user?
- How can I tell what machine the "Server Startup Notice" comes from?
- How can I access the Full Name of my list in MML?
- Why does my recipient list get changed to null when sending to multiple addresses in GMS Webmail?
- What happened to the US pay per minute support line?
- Why doesn’t the Admin utility (Start>Programs>GMS>Admin) give the user I create admin rights?
- Why can’t I send a message close to the limit of my MaxMessageSize?
- Why do GMS Anti-Virus updates fail on my AIX machine?
- What happened to eSarah? I can’t find it in the product list.
- Why did an exe file bypass my GMS Anti-Virus?
- How did a different user get GMS Communication Server database info of another list user?
- Why do messages with no blank line between header and body come in with the body in the header?
- Why is an incoming email with a virus not getting disinfected?
- Why do the GMS Anti-Spam totals seem to be inaccurate for the traffic I know is being received?
- Why does the option to save a copy of setup.txt not accept an absolute filepath?
- What are the features of the GMS Webmail Express Client?
- Does GMS roll over to new logfiles at midnight?
- Can GMS Webmail be used on low-resolution screens?
- Is it possible to invite new participants into an existing conversation in GMS Instant Messenger?
- Is it possible to stop users creating personalities using an email address belonging to an external server?
- Can I require confirmations for joins and leaves in GMS List Server?
- Can I set expiry dates for accounts and mail?
- Why, if I have my GMS Anti-Virus Action set to "deliver message as usual" and have the restricted words option "Return message to sender" disabled does the restricted words checking not work?
- Why are some of my messages not being scanned by GMS Anti-Virus?
- What are the new pages "Acknowledgements" and "Licences"?
- When I misspell a password in my list moderation why does the message not get returned to me?
- Why does the help button not work on the logon page?
- Why do I get a "Could not access membership database" when checking my list voting page?
- How accurate is the date displayed on the "Signature Updates" page?
- How do I remove files that have been put to a list?
- Will the logs show me who is authenticating against my server?
- Can the AllowAllBrowsers variable be set at anything besides a global level?
- Why can’t I moderate joins, leaves etc. via the GUI in GMS Communication Server?
- Why does GMS Instant Messenger not automatically log me on when I log on to GMS Webmail via port 9000?
- Can GMS Web Organizer provide a quick overview of scheduled events?
- What do I do after it says "Installation completed OK"?
- What causes an MML error when I purge messages flagged for deletion while the user is logged on?
- Are there different icons for different GMS Instant Messenger statuses?
- What is alert 8507?
- Why is everyone in my office on GMS Instant Messenger showing as away when we are all here?
Keywords:GMS version build release