What is contained in release 3078?
The major feature of build 3078 is the release of GMS Instant Messenger. GMS Instant Messenger allows you to send an immediate message to someone who is online, even if they are on the phone or in a meeting. IM also provides advantages over a teleconference, for example there is no hassle involved in setting up the meeting, or worrying about people’s availabilty. Also, unlike a teleconference, you can have all your minutes logged automatically as all IM transcripts are logged electronically.
Build 3078 of GMS also contains a number of fixes as detailed in the KB entries listed below.
- Why am I getting an error when I try and access help for the #GMS# proxy?
- Why is the #GMSweb# interface not giving me proper access to the administrative functions?
- Why do I have to set my #GMSAV# actions to reject in order to ban attachments from my server?
- Why can I not log on to Instant Messenger?
- Why can’t my NT Sam users view their attachments?
- Why do my users not appear after using autoport to move them to GMS?
- I get an MML error when accessing Stats help – is this file not available?
- Why is the Polish interface not working for me in GMS Webmail?
- Why, when I rename a sub-folder which also has further sub-folders am I no longer able to access those sub-folders?
- Why can’t I see my Active Directory users in the Admin GUI?