What is a CAL?
A CAL is an alternative licensing model that provides single keyed access to multiple product capabilities. Instead of using a modular, multi-license deployment, CALs use a single license to activate all of the components of the CAL.
CALs also offer useful incremental license scalability options for user population sizes that fall outside of the scope of traditional Gordano license types.
CALs are available in two flavours: Standard and Premium.
A GMS Standard CAL comprises functionality for:
- Mail (SMTP/POP/IMAP)
- WebMail and Web Organizer (AJAX HTTP client with full sharing capabilities)
- Collaboration (Outlook groupware with HTTP client interoperability)
- Instant Messenger (Dual client IM functionality)
- Anti Spam (Multiple server-side anti-spam checks)
- Free upgrade for 12 months
A GMS Premium CAL is as a standard CAL as above plus:
- Anti Spam Update Service (RPD [zero hour] early anti-spam protection)
- Anti Virus (Dual engine, bi-directional Anti-virus protection)
Keywords:CAL licence users