Setting up secure SMTP is a straightforward matter once you have your SSL certificates in place, see "How do I setup SSL for my GMS server?" below.
With SSL installed and working, go to the Administration > Mail > Incoming > ESMTP page, scroll down to the bottom and check the option "Allow STARTTLS" and then click on Update
Anyone now connecting to your SMTP service will automatically see that you support SSL and will have the ability to use it.
- What is Secure Socket Layer (SSL)?
- Can I provide secure access to email?
- How do I force the use of #GMSSSL# when posting to remote servers?
- What is contained in release 3075?
- How do I setup SSL for my GMS server?
- What is STARTTLS?
- How do I know if SMTP traffic uses SSL?