I want to move part or all of my GMS installation to a new drive to clear up some disk space. how might I go about this?
Moving GMS from one drive to another
Transferring GMS from one drive to another uses the recovery file or “setup.txt” file. This method may also be used to transfer products between systems with a different processor (e.g. Intel, UltraSparc, etc.)
- Use a shell or command prompt and change to then bin folder within your GMS install folder. To do this run the command:
Please note: If you are running a build earlier than 3365, you need to specify “mail -yA” option as “mail -y” may not include all the required information.
After a few minutes of activity (depending upon system size), a recovery file will be created.
- Backup the GMS folder this may be called /gordano or /ntmail depending how it was installed.
- Uninstall GMS, and Load regedt32.exe and remove the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/InternetShopper entry from the system registry.
- Now install the same version of GMS on your destination drive without installing any keys. Stop all the services using the Control Panel, Services icon.
- Using your backup, copy all of the GMS directories and files from the old system to the new drive.
- On the new drive, start a command prompt or shell and change to the bin directory within the directory you installed GMS in – eg gordanobin or /opt/gordano/mail/bin. Type:
. This will install your recovery file (including keys) on the new drive.
Please note: If you are running a build earlier than 3365, and you used the “mail -yA” command to create your setup, you need to use the “mail -yrZ” command to ensure all files are restored.
- Restart the mail services.
Moving one or more of the GMS domains
- Stop all the services using the Control Panel, Services icon.
- Load Regedt32.exe and edit the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/InternetShopper/Mail/Domain.com
- Create a new REG_SZ value BaseDir and enter the new location of the domain.
- Then move the domain folder located under the ntmail folder to the new location.
- Start all of the services using the Control Panel, Service icon.
Keywords:Move machine Moving Drive Domain Change basedir