How can a list member post from multiple addresses but only receive postings on one address?
I have a list member who posts to a list from several addresses. Each of the addresses is joined to the list so that they are allowed to post to it. This means the member gets several copies of each list posting (one to each address that he is joined to the list with). Is there a way to allow him to post from many addresses but receive on only one?
Yes this is straight forward with GMS Communication Server. All you need to do is to make sure each address that is going to post to the list is joined to the list. Then suspend each address that you do not want to receive list postings. You can suspend members in the following way:
- Select the Manage>Members page in the GMS Communication Server interface.
- Select the list that the members are joined to from the tree on the left of the dialog.
- Select "Current Member" from the View dropdown and click on the Change button. This will list the members currently joined to the list.
- Select the address you want to suspend from the list of members and click on the Details button.
- On the subsequent page check the box labelled Suspended and click on Apply.
Once suspended from a list a member may continue to post to the list but will not receive any postings.
Keywords:List member posting multiple addresses join