New Release (Version 20.0)
Introducing Version 20.0
After months of hard work, we are excited to announce a new release to our GMS On Premise and Cloud solutions. The snappily titled “Version 20.0” will continue to see us extend our evolutionary footprint in the world of email and business productivity, bringing new capabilities to improve your overall GMS user experience.
So, what does it feature?
A lot is the basic answer to that question.
Over the course of several months, our teams have been busy composing, testing, implementing and running a host of new features designed to dynamise and enhance our existing solutions. We’ve looked at your feedback, we’ve explored the competing markets, we’ve committed to our own innovations. And, at the same time, we’ve worked towards progression, and more importantly, your business productivity.
The Big Changes
- A couple of months ago we told you all about GMS Drive, a cloud-based storage function integrated with GMS Webspace, giving you a safe and secure repository for your important documents and files, accessible from anywhere. The new release marks a fully coordinated implementation of Drive, allowing you to add a local network drive that connects to your GMS Drive storage, so that you can access, add or modify your files direct from your desktop and have them available in Webspace. In the interest of convenience, GMS Drive is also now completely compatible with your mobile device.
- There’s our in-built GMS Office suite. For a small fee, you can now view, create, edit and collaborate on a variety of document formats directly in GMS Webspace. Whether it’s an article you’re writing, a presentation for your colleagues, or a data spreadsheet, GMS Office is a strong and sophisticated alternative to Microsoft Office 365, using 8 million lines of code to deliver powerful unparalleled rendering capabilities.
- Security and reliability remain high on our agenda, which is why we have now added a DKIM to the SMTP service. For the IT phobic, this means we can take responsibility for incoming and outgoing emails, evaluating and checking them at every stage of transit to validate whether any given message could be spam or something more ominous. In addition to this, we’ve added a password recovery feature, updates to the admin interface, and much more besides, to ensure your GMS installation not only runs as smoothly as possible, but also so that the bad stuff stays out.
- We’ve made improvements to the calendars and how you interact with them.
- We’ve given you more options when it comes to selecting your Preferences.
- We’ve enhanced SSL sessions in SMTP to include fallback support for servers using out of date SSL handshakes.
- We’ve refined sharing and constancy in the GMS Collaboration Outlook admin.
- We’ve added support for TZ database timezones in Webmail Pro.
- We’ve also fixed and improved GMS Archiver so that it now supports formatted text searches (HTML), writing to shared network locations (UNC Paths) which contain spaces, and have included an offsite search feature.
Needless to say, we’re rather happy with Version 20.0, and we’re sure you will be too.