GMS Project uses a series of pre-defined templates matching a broad range of themes and workflows to help users get started when creating their projects. The pre-defined templates are contained to a folder titled ‘System Templates’ but they can be completely customised according to a user’s requirements. Once customised a pre-defined template is then contained to a folder titled ‘User Templates’. This helps establish the difference between default templates and user-defined templates. More information about template customisation can be found by reading this article.
The set of pre-defined and user templates in GMS Project can be found by selecting the ‘Templates’ option from the menu tree on the left of the window when in the default GMS Project menu, as detailed below:
Each template option will determine the look and feel of a project that uses that template. For example, the IT Helpdesk template is useful in the management of IT ticket requests, whereas the IT Development template is more useful for organised sprints. Pre-defined templates also contain pre-defined task sets and labels which are detailed in the template description which can be found when selecting a template from the main template picker, as below:
The choice of available pre-defined templates are as follows:
- IT Helpdesk – For managing and responding to incoming ticket requests.
- Infrastructure Deployment – For planning and structuring project scope and targets, coordinating resources and reviewing deployment ops.
- Presales – For managing prospects, RFQs, proposals and sales forecasts.
- IT Development – For organising IT sprints.
- Roadmap Planning – For plotting organisational processes throughout the annual quarters.
- Wedding Management – For planning marital occasions.
- Deployment of HW – Further planning and structuring, similar to Infrastructure Deployment.
- House Construction – For managing a housing project using Gantt charts.
- Legal Project – Case management for law firms.
- Task Management – Basic task organisation designed to help assign tasks quickly and easily.
- Event Management – Basic event management.
- Helpdesk – For managing and responding to incoming ticket requests. Similar to IT Helpdesk.
- Rental Property Maintenance – For planning and organising recurrent weekly, monthly and yearly tasks, specifically associated with rental property maintenance.
- Weekly Maintenance – For planning and organising recurrent weekly tasks.
- Monthly Maintenance – For planning and organising recurrent monthly tasks.
- Annual Maintenance – For planning and organising recurrent yearly tasks.
- Industrial Maintenance – A standard Kanban board for agile working.
- Repair – For managing and responding to incoming ticket requests. Similar to IT Helpdesk.
- Blank Project – Build your project template from the ground up. No pre-defined task sets or labels.