What is alert 8116?
GMS has returned an error to a remote server’s ETRN command because the command was not formed correctly.
In this case, session Undefined is processing a connection from Undefined. The remote server gave the SMTP command
GMS rejected the command with
500 Syntax error, missing space.
This problem will not cause GMS any problems. This problem is most likely to be caused by someone who is attacking your system to attempt to find a weakness. If you wish to find out more, you will need to contact the owner of the remote system running on IP address Undefined.
- How do I contact the owner of a remote server?
- Which IP address and domain name does #GMSClassic# use?
- How do I get #GMS# to request email using the ETRN extension?
- What is SMTP Response Code Theory?
- What options can other servers use to request email using the ETRN extension?
- How do I contact the owner of a client?
- How do alerts work?
Keywords:ETRN syntax error TURN RFC1985 8116