- OfficeTalk does not display the username in the titlebar of the OfficeTalk window.
- When composing a new email and selecting the recipient from the To address list, choosing the ‘Users’ address list gives a blank list of users.
- When composing a new email and selecting the recipient from the To address list, choosing the ‘Contacts’ address list gives a blank list of contacts.
- When selecting a sent mail mailbox, the Receiver column is blank.
- When selecting a received mail mailbox, the Sender column is blank.
- This problem may be limited to one user or it may affect multiple users.
This behaviour will occur if, for some reason, the name style has become corrupt.
To resolve this, OfficeTalk will need to be forced to recreate the user and contact name styles. See the details below.
To correct a users contact style (When the title bar shows no username):
- open OfficeTalk and log in as the user in question.
- Select Mail mode.
- Select Options >> Preferences.
- Click on the Name Style tab (Change the name style for ‘Users’ should be set).
- Set the 2 checkboxes in the options frame.
- Click OK.
- You should notice that the titlebar will change to display the username.
- You may now go back and clear these checkboxes.
- The username should be back to normal in the places you would expect it.
To correct the contact style (when contact addresses are not displayed correctly):
- open OfficeTalk and log in as the offending user.
- Go into mail mode.
- select options >> preferences.
- click on the name style tab.
- Drop down the ‘change the name style of’ combo box, note the current settings and set it to ‘contacts’.
- set the checkbox in the options frame (‘user title’).
- click OK.
- This should restore the display of the contacts.
- Once you have confirmed that the style is now correct, you may change the style again so that it reflects your previous configuration.