When I press the To: or Cc: button in a New Message window I don't see my contacts
In order to see contacts in the Select Names dialog box (which appears when you press the To: or Cc: button in a new Message window), you must have one or more contacts in your Contacts folder with an email address.
If your contacts folder doesn’t appear in the “Show Names from the” drop down in the Select Names dialog box, you can add it by right clicking on the folder in Outlook and selecting Properties. Then in the Outlook Address Book tab of the Contacts properties tick the “Show this folder as an email address book”. Press OK to save your changes.
If you see several contacts folders in the “Show Names from the” drop down in the Select Names dialog box, which don’t exist in Outlook, this is because the Outlook profile may have been used with other stores that have since been removed. The Outlook profile stores the list of folders that appear in this drop down and it sometimes wrongly remembers folders from old stores. These can be removed in the following way:
1. Close Outlook and then open the Mail applet in control panel
2. Press the Email Accounts button.
3. Select View or change existing directories or address books. Press Next.
4. Select Outlook Address Book from the list and press the Change button.
5. From the list select each folder that you want to remove as an Outlook Address Book.
6. Press Close and then press Finish in the Email Accounts wizard.
7. Restart Outlook
To redesignate a contacts folder as an address book, right click on the folder and select Properties. Select the Outlook Address Book tab and select the “Show this folder as an email address book”