The message store does not install correctly under Outlook 2000 in 'Internet Only' mode
Client setup appears to complete successfully, however, the Softalk Share Server message store is not present upon opening Outlook 2000.
Before installing the Softalk Share Server client on a computer running Outlook 2000, Outlook must first be configured to run in Corporate or Workgroup Mode. If the client has already been installed with Outlook in Internet Only mode you will need to re-run the Softalk Share Server client setup after you have re-configured Outlook.
The e-mail Service Option can be set thus:
- Open Outlook.
Tools >> Optionsfrom the Outlook menu bar.
- Click on the Mail Services tab and click on the Reconfigure Mail Support… button.
- Select the Corporate or Workgroup radio button and click next.
- Click on the yes button to confirm the shut-down of Outlook.
- Re-open Outlook from the Microsoft Outlook short-cut in
Start >> (All) Programs
Note: Do not use the E-mail short-cut in the Windows XP or Vista style start-menu.
- Allow Outlook setup to complete and insert your Outlook disc into your system if so required.
- (Re-)run the Softalk Share Server client setup.