You are running WorkgroupShare and wish to migrate your settings to Softalk Share Server.
- Run the Softalk Share Server setup program on the same computer as the WorkgroupShare Server is installed.
- Follow the setup prompts, elect to migrate the Softalk Collaboration Suite data into Softalk Business Serve. Setup will so migrate users, access levels, public folders and data contained within public folders. Personal folder data will not be migrated at the stage.
- Once the server setup is complete you should find that your WorkgroupShare users are listed in the Softalk Share Server Administrator. Before installing the Softalk Share Server client software you should un-install the WorkgroupShare Client on the workstations using Add-Remove programs.
- Install the client software for the users who were previously using WorkgroupShare. If you share personal data for this user then select the Default Store option so that data in the user’s PST file (existing Outlook Profile) will be imported into Softalk Share Server provided you select the option for this. If you previously used WorkgroupShare for sharing only public folders you may select Public folder only mode to maintain your PST file and create a Softalk Share Server message store for public folders only. Note: If you select public folders only then the personal folders for this user will not be made available to other users.
- Double-check any permissions to confirm that everything has worked as expected.
- Once Softalk Share Server has been installed and configured, The WorkgroupShare Server should be uninstalled to avoid confusion with Softalk Share Server. This may be done from Add-Remove programs. Note: Please ensure that all WorkgroupShare client installations are uninstalled before proceeding.
NOTE: The Shared Information folder does not appear under My Calendars, My Contacts etc. To ensure you can see the shared folders go into the Folder List view by selecting Folder List from the Go menu (under "View" in older Outlook versions without a "Go" menu). Expand the Shared Information folder to see folders shared to you.