Applying licenses to Softalk products
To apply the new keycode detailed below to your existing installation, you will be required to change your company name. Please use the following instruction, which will assist you with changing your registered company name to softalk_key.
Instructions for Jet database users to change key code and company name
Editing using Access:
- Stop the Softalk service
2. Make a backup copy of your SCS.mdb database (If you don’t know where the file is located, you can check on the options page of the Softalk admin interface)
3. Open SCS.mdb for editing in Access.
4. Open the Options table by double clicking it in the tables list, and in the entry labelled Keycode copy in your keycode
5. Under the Workgroup entry, change this to Softalk_key
6. Save and close the database, and restart the Softalk service
Editing Using Open Office/Libre Office
Open Office is a free, open source alternative to Microsoft Office, distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public License. Amongst its features is a database management programme called Base. We can use Base to edit the jet database that your Softalk product uses. You can download Open Office from here (http://www.openoffice.org/).
Editing using Base
- Stop the Softalk process
2. Make a backup copy of your database (If you don’t know where the file is located, you can check on the settings page of the admin interface)
3. Run Base. In the Database Wizard select connect to an existing database, and select Microsoft Access (NOT Access 2007) in the drop down list. Then press next
4. Select your database using the Browse button, then press next
5. Select No, do not register the database and make sure the Open the database for editing option is ticked. Select Finish
6. Base will now ask you to save a file. This file contains the connection information base needs to access the jet database, not the database itself.
7. Once Base has connected to the jet database you will see a list of tables in the lower left part of the screen. Double click on the one named Options
8. The options table will open in a new window. Find the entry labelled Keycode copy in your keycode
9. Under the Workgroup entry, change this to Softalk_key
10. Save and close the options table, then save and close the database. You can now restart the Softalk service.
Instructions for SQL database users to change key code and company name
- Run the following SQL statement against your database;
UPDATE Options SETÂ Â Keycode = *Keycode*,Workgroup = Softalk_Key
Company name: softalk_key
This information should be entered into the WorkgroupShare administrator program in the following way:
- Select “Enter Keycode” from the “Register” menu.
The Enter Keycode dialog box is shown.
3. Enter the appropriate information above into the Company name and Keycode fields.
4. The text at the bottom of the dialog box should indicate that WorkgroupShare is correctly Â Â Â Â registered.
5. Press OK and restart the WorkgroupShare server program (in version 2 you will be prompted to automatically start the server program).