Why isn't mail sent/posted out (on the Windows platform)?
Messages are building up in my out directory and none are being sent outside my server at all.
There are a number of reasons why mail may not be being sent out by the post service. If you are suffering from this problem try working through the following checklist.
- Have you correctly set up a machine name and domain name under your TCP/IP DNS settings? Choose the appropriate ‘See also’ link below for the correct Operating System your GMS server is running on.
- Is there a network connection to the machine you are trying to send mail to, i.e. can you telnet to it on port 25 from your server?
- Is the POST service connecting and then the connection being dropped by the remote end?
- How should I specify a domain for TCP/IP on Windows servers?
- How do I specify a DNS server directly within Gordano products?
- My server is failing reverse lookups by remote hosts
- #GMSClassic# only delivers mail to A record of domain
- How should I specify a domain for TCP/IP in Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003?
- Is the remote mail server running?
- Mail is not leaving my server, how can I contact support?
- Why are some messages containing long lines not posted out?
- How should I specify a domain for TCP/IP in Windows NT?