Why did a user disappear from my GMS Instant Messenger contact/block list?
Why has a user that was in my contact list in GMS Instant Messenger disappeared?
The users you see in the address book when creating your contact list are the entries in the Local Address Book. This address book is automatically created on installation of GMS and when new accounts are created they will also automatically be added.
GMS Instant Messenger works on the information given in a users vCard.
The list is compiled of everyone to whose vCard you have ‘read’ access.
By default everyone in the same domain has ‘read’ access to each others vCards.
If a user changes the access you have to their vCard they will disappear from your contact lists.
- What is a Buddy?
- Can I use GMS IM to contact someone in a different domain?
- Why is one of my contacts for IM always unavailable (offline)?
- Where do the contacts come from when I create my buddy list in #GMSIM#?
- Do you need to log on again to Instant Messaging on GMS Webmail to enable configuration changes?
- Why can a person still see me on their GMS IM contact list even though I have them blocked?
- Can I use GMS Instant Messenger to instant message someone on a different server?
- "GMS Instant Messenger integrates perfectly…"
Keywords:instant messaging block list contact disappear