When MS Outlook sends or deletes email messages those messages are then stored locally on the machine that Outlook was run from. They are not synchronized back to the server, even if you are using IMAP.
In an office environment roaming profiles could be used to address this issue when hot desking with Outlook but no automatic solution is available to allow those messages to be displayed within GMS Webmail.
It may be possible to configure filters within Outlook to place copies of those messages into relevant folders on GMS. To configure a rule in Outlook 2003 you would do the following:
- Goto Tools->Rules and alerts
- Create a “New Rule”
- Select the “Start from a blank rule” and “Check messages after sending” options, then click on next
- Select “on this machine only”, the next.
- Select “move a copy to the specified folder” changing specified to the folder to IMAP server node and the sent folder, then next and next once more
- Finally, give the rule a specific name like “Sent items rule” and finish.
Keywords:Outlook sent deleted not visible webmail