Why, after upgrading, am I unable to connect to the Internet or administer my system from the web interface?
At present, no matter whether you are installing the Gordano Messaging Suite for the first time, or if you are upgrading from a previous version, starting from build 3075 the proxy server is disabled by default. This was implemented as a security measure to protect against unauthorised use of the proxy service. If you are unable to administer the system due to this change, you can add a registry variable that should resolve this and enable the proxy server.
Please take care when editing Registry variables. It should only be necessary to perform the following steps if access to the GUI is unavailable.
- From the window on the right hand side double click on the <No Name> entry
- This will bring up a multi string editor dialog box. Scroll to the bottom and on a new line enter the following variable…
- Now reboot your machine
- How do I restrict access to the #GMSCORE# proxy server?
- What does the GMS Proxy service do?
- How do enable editing of Variables?
Keywords:proxy upgrade connect internet administer