Which release of the GMS Collaboration client should I use?
It is important that the release versions of the GMS Collaboration server and the GMS Collaboration client match each other in order to achieve the full functionality of GMS Collaboration.
Newer versions of the Client will not work against older versions of the Server as the functionality required by the client will not be available from the server.
Where at all possible we try and maintain backwards compatability so that when a GMS installation is upgraded existing clients will continue to work. The clients will however not gain access to any new facilities available on the server until they are upgraded to the same version.
Server Administrators are advised to notify all client users of an upgrade of the server and to encourage these users to also upgrade the client installation. Alternatively they can push the client update out to the users’ workstations using the standard Microsoft update procedures.
- Which versions of Outlook and Windows does the MAPI connector work with?
- Why can’t I install the GMS Collaboration client in Outlook 2000?
- What are the different types of client installer for the Outlook MAPI Connector??
- How do I manually upgrade the Microsoft Outlook MAPI Connector?
- What is GMS Collaboration?
- I don’t have the "Windows Installer" on my system, how do I install the Outlook MAPI Connector?
Keywords: Collaboration GMS integration Outlook address books calendars roaming global shared exchange mapi connector