A problem has been identified whereby if a second ‘My.cnf’ file (MySQL configuration file) resides on the same partition as GMS, this can lead to detrimental database problems in the mail software.
The fix below will resolve this problem. If you still wish to search for instances of this file, use the command "find / -name my.cnf" from a shell.
This hotfix for Build 3270 of GMS fixes two issues with the IMAP service as follows.
- New mail notifications for use with the IDLE command use up a seat for licensing purposes.
- A trap in the NTDLL.DLL when there is contention accessing a folder that is being held in cache.
Note that hotfixes are cumulative so there is no need to apply any earlier hotfixes for the IMAP service.
- How do I determine which hotfixes to apply to my system?
- What is a Hotfix?
- How do I install a patch?
- How do I apply hotfixes to my GMS server
Keywords:IMAP hotfix h20041213