What is alert 8359?
The remote system did not allow an encrypted connection to be made using SSL (TLS). GMS has been configured to require an encrypted channel to this server but because the remote server will not allow this, the message is being returned to the sender. GMS will issue a "QUIT" command and drop the connection.
In this case, session Undefined was was processing a message to be delivered to the server Undefined (IP address Undefined). The local folder name is Undefined. The attempt to complete the TLS connection failed with GMS error code Undefined.
To resolve this problem, make sure that
- GMS has the correct certificate installed;
- the remote server or client conforms to the SSL or STARTTLS standard;
- the remote server or client is correctly configured.
- How do I set up Secure SMTP (STARTTLS)?
- How do alerts work?
- What are the GMS error codes?
- What are the benefits of protocol level encryption?
Keywords:SSL TLS POST 8359