A user attempted to log in to GMS Mail but the attempt failed because
- There in no account for this user;
- The password was incorrect;
- The mail client is not issuing Internet Standards Compliant commands; or
- The authentication source was not available
In this case, a user claimed to be Undefined@Undefined when logging in from a client at the IP address Undefined. They failed to get access to your system.
If this user should be able to access your system, try checking the account, password and authentication source are available. Perhaps contact the owner of the mail client at Undefined to find out what they are trying to do.
- How do I contact the owner of a client?
- Why can’t some of my users log on to POP or #GMSWEB#?
- What user authentication options are available on Windows systems
- What is a mail client?
- What user authentication options are available on Unix Systems
- I need to debug a user logon problem relating to passwords
- How do alerts work?
Keywords:POP3 failed logon 8210