What is alert 8155?
A user has attempted to logon to GMS using the POP3 protocol command APOP but failed. The remote client specified the wrong password digest. The failure could be for several reasons:
- The user did not provide the right details;
- No such user does exist and this is an attempt to gain control of your system; or
- The authentication source was not available
In this case, session Undefined was processing a connection from a client at Undefined. The user claimed to be Undefined@Undefined and could not log on because their account did not exist. The client sent the command
and GMS rejected it with
-ERR User unknown
To resolve this problem you will need to check that the user has entered their details correctly.
- What password protection is there in #GMS#?
- How do alerts work?
- What is APOP authentication?
- How do I contact the owner of a client?
Keywords:failed logon POP3 APOP 8155