GMS Secure Socket Layer has returned an error to the remote server’s RCPT command because GMS has been configured to only accept messages encrypted by the secure socket layer (SSL) from this remote system. No communication between the remote server/client and GMS will be possible until the remote server correctly negotiates a secure connection. GMS uses the standard secure transport specified in RFC2487 to ensure compatibility with other messaging servers.
In this case, session Undefined is processing a connection from Undefined apparently from the email address Undefined which gave the SMTP command
. GMS rejected the command with
To resolve this problem, make sure that
- GMS has the correct certificate installed;
- the remote server or client conforms to the SSL or STARTTLS standard; and
- the remote server or client is correctly configured.
- What are the benefits of protocol level encryption?
- How do I set up Secure SMTP (STARTTLS)?
- How do I contact the owner of a client?
- What is the SMTP RCPT clause?
- What is SMTP Response Code Theory?
- How do I contact the owner of a remote server?
Keywords:RCPT SSL STARTTLS RFC2487 security anti-snooping secure