What is alert 8064?
GMS Secure Socket Layer has returned an error to the remote server’s MAIL command because GMS has been configured to only accept messages encrypted by the secure socket layer (SSL) from this remote system. No communication between the remote server/client and GMS will be possible until the remote server correctly negotiates a secure connection. GMS uses the standard secure transport specified in RFC2487 to ensure compatibility with other messaging servers.
In this case, session Undefined is processing a connection from Undefined which gave the SMTP command
GMS rejected the command with
To resolve this problem, make sure that
- GMS has the correct certificate installed;
- the remote server or client conforms to the SSL or STARTTLS standard; and
- the remote server or client is correctly configured.
- What are the benefits of protocol level encryption?
- How do I set up Secure SMTP (STARTTLS)?
- How do I contact the owner of a client?
- Which Type of SSL Certificate should I choose?
- What is the SMTP MAIL clause?
- Can I provide secure access to email?
- How do I contact the owner of a remote server?
- What is SMTP Response Code Theory?
Keywords:MAIL SSL STARTTLS RFC2487 RFC821 RFC2821 SSL encryption security anti-snooping secure