What is alert 8056?
Aremote system issued an AUTH command to GMS with an authentication method that GMS told the remote system it does not support. Since the remote system proceeded to use an unsupported authentication method, the attempt to authenticate has been rejected.
In this case session Undefined was processing a connection from the server/client at Undefined when it received the command
so GMS responded with
This problem is caused by a remote system (client or server) which does not comply with Internet Standards. In order to resolve this issue you will need to contact the owner of the server/client at Undefined and ask them to contact their software suppliers for an updated version.
- What is the SMTP AUTH command?
- How do I contact the owner of a client?
- How do I use SMTP Authentication with Netscape or Outlook Express?
- What is SMTP Response Code Theory?
- How do I enable SMTP Authentication?
- How do I contact the owner of a remote server?
- Why can’t my remote users authenticate using ESMTP AUTH?
Keywords:AUTH compliance RFC821 RFC2821 RFC2554