What are transaction logs?
Transaction logs record the conversation between the client and the server for each of the GMS services. Various levels of logging can be set and we recommend for the most part that you run with the log levels for each service set to Statistics and Failures.
If however you are experiencing an issue with one of the services then you should enable all of the available logging options for that service in order that you can see the full transaction between the client and the server.
The log levels for a service can be set by logging onto the administration interface and going to Administration > Mail > Logs > Transaction Levels and setting the required level of logging.
The further Knowledge Base articles below will give you guide to reading the logs and determining potential issues.
- What do the various transaction log levels mean?
- Why can I not access the transaction levels tab in my #gmscom# only install?
- How do I find from, to… and size of a mail?
- What do the fields in a log file mean?
- Where does the GMS Oulook plug-in store its log file?
- How can I change the location where GMS stores transaction logs?
- How do I determine duration of events in logs?
Keywords:SMTP WWW POP IMAP IM Collaboration List