What are the Classification options for raising a bug report?
Assuming you have read the page detailing how to raise a bug or security report, and you have determined that raising a report is the correct course of action, you should classify you report according to the following guidelines:
- CAT: Catastrophic – The software is completely unusable. No mail can leave or enter the system. There is no known work around.
- SEV: Severe – An important feature of the software does not work but mail continues to flow. There is no known work around
- MOD: Moderate – A major feature of the software does not work but there is a work around or a minor feature does not work and there is no work around.
- MIN – A minor feature does not work and there is a work around.
- COS – The problem is merely cosmetic such as a spelling mistake.