How do I upgrade to the latest release of WorkgroupMail v7?
Note: This information applies only when upgrading to the latest release of WorkgroupMail v7 from an earlier release. To find out how to upgrade to the latest release of Softalk Mail Server v8 Click here.
Note: Please consider the following before installing or upgrading WorkgroupMail v7. The International version of WorkgroupMail provides support for international character sets. It requires Windows NT/2000/XP or later. Once you have installed it you cannot downgrade to the Standard version. The Standard version can be installed onto any Windows operating system. You can do a one way upgrade to the International version. It is recommended that, wherever possible, you install or upgrade to the International version.
To upgrade from :-
WorkgroupMail v7 Enterprise
Download the latest release of WorkgroupMail v7 Enterprise and follow the instructions below.
WorkgroupMail v7 Professional
Download the latest release of WorkgroupMail v7 Professional and follow the instructions below.
To upgrade to WorkgroupMail v7 Enterprise you will need to purchase an upgrade licence. Click here
WorkgroupMail v7 Home
Download the latest release of WorkgroupMail v7 Home and follow the instructions below.
To install the new version, do the following:
- Shutdown the WorkgroupMail Administrator and the WorkgroupMail server program. If using WebMail, also shut down the IIS service using the Services applet in Control Panel.
- Run the downloaded setup program.
- Press Next until you get to the Finish page and then press Finish. The setup program will upgrade your WorkgroupMail program files to the new version and will leave your settings intact. Your keycode will only need to be re-entered if you have purchased an upgrade or additional products.
- If installing WorkgroupMail v7 you can install into the suggested folder to use the existing settings and data folder. Alternatively you can specify a new location for the data folder, in which case you can then either move your existing settings to this location or create a new installation. The original settings will not be overwritten, but may be updated to the format of the newer version.
- If you are using WebMail, restart IIS and download and install the latest release of WebMail that corresponds with your version of WorkgroupMail.
- If you are upgrading from a version of WorkgroupMail v7 earlier than v7.5 then you will need to obtain a new keycode from here.
Note: For an upgrade quote, go to the Online Purchasing page