How do I recover the administrator's password?
I’ve forgotten the administrator password for the Gordano products on my machine. How do I restore it?
As the passwords are encrypted you cannot recover a lost password, however, there are two options to change the administrator’s password:
- Use the Admin utility, this is located on the servers Start>Programs>Gordano menu. Add administrator as the “Username” and add a new password, copy this in the confirm password box and press “Add User”, you will now be able to log on to GMS using the postmaster account and this new password.
- You can modify the registry directly, you need to use the registry editor regedit.exe. Open regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareInternetShopperMailDomainUsers (where domain is the name of the domain the postmaster account is under) double click on the postmaster entry in the right hand pane to open it for editing, scroll down until you see an entry “Password=xxxx” (where xxx is an excrypted string), replace xxxx with the new password for the account and click on OK.
Note: On a 64 bit Windows system the key can be found at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeInternetShopperMailDomainUsers
Note: You should immediately change the password through the GUI as at the moment it is stored in plain text in the registry.
- Unable to administer #GMSClassic#
- How do I recover the administrator’s password?
- Why I am unable to login to GMS after installation?
Keywords:password forget administrator config