How do I change the Drive where GMS is Installed?
I want to move GMS Mail from one drive to another, on the same machine, without losing my settings or email.
These instructions relate to VERSION 3 of Gordano products ONLY ? see KB133 for details of how to move version 4 and later.
1. Stop the services with the button on the Services page of the CPL or use the mail -stop command.
2. Go to the old drive and uninstall the services by typing:
3. Create the new GMS Mail directories on the new drive and copy all the files from the old drive.
4. Re-install the services with:
5. Go to the registry editor (e.g. REGEDT32) and select and change the following value:
to the new base directory for GMS Mail.
6. Start the services from the Services page of the CPL or enter the mail -start command.
GMS Mail is now installed on the new drive and no information from your setup will be lost.
Keywords:install change move drive moving