How can I export my Outlook Express contacts list to the WorkgroupMail LDAP Directory?
The easiest way to get all of your e-mail addresses from your Contacts list (in your mail client) into the WorkgroupMail LDAP Directory (Shared Address Book) is to:
- Pause the WorkgroupMail server (right click the system tray icon and select Pause)
- Send a simple message to everyone in your Contacts list
- This message will be received by WorkgroupMail and will be held in the Incoming or Outgoing Message queues (due to the Pause status of the server).
- All of these addresses will have been added to the WorkgroupMail LDAP Directory
- Start the WorkgroupMail Administrator, view the Incoming and Outgoing Messages queues and delete the message(s)
- Un-pause the WorkgroupMail server
- Repeat this for each mail client to combine many contacts lists
NB if running WorkgroupMail as a service you will first need to Stop the WorkgroupMail service (using the Services applet in Control Panel). You must then temporarily restart Workgroupmail as an executable in order to be able to pause the server. Click Start, Run and browse to the file wmsvc.exe in the WorkgroupMail installation folder. When complete, the WorkgroupMail executable can be shut down and the service restarted.