How can I can I configure my BlackBerry to download messages from Softalk Mail Server
First you must set up the IMAP port of Softalk Mail Server to be web facing by refering to the following FAQ: How do I configure one or more protocols to be Internet-facing?
Configuring IMAP access from your BIS for your BlackBerry
- From your BlackBerry home screen, select the BlackBerry Set-up icon, then choose Personal E-mail Set-up. (On older devices, look for the Personal E-mail Set-up icon.)
- Select Personal E-mail Set-up and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- On the E-mail Account Set-up page, enter your e-mail address into the username field and leave the password field blank. Select Next.
- You’ll see a screen that says ‘We are unable to set up your e-mail account.’ Select ‘I will provide the settings to add this e-mail account,’ then press Next.
- Select ‘Internet Service Provider E-mail (POP/IMAP),’ then press Next.
- Select ‘I will provide the settings to add this e-mail account,’ then press Next.
- You’ll see ‘The BlackBerry Internet Service could not configure [your e-mail] account.’ Select ‘Provide The Settings’ to add e-mail account.
- Enter the Softalk Mail Server username and password of the user whose e-mail you want to access, then press Next.
- Enter the external (web facing) static IP address of the computer or router, then press Next.
- Select OK. Select Save.